We have realized most Shopify stores make mistakes on their Facebook Ads UTM parameters. We have prepared a best-practice tutorial and UTM structure.
We have prepared a complete guide on Ideal UTM Setup for Shopify Stores. Click here to view the content on Analyzify Hub.
Make sure to check our complete guide on Shopify & Facebook Pixel for a detailed overview.
Alternatively, you can follow this summary guide. Please make sure to follow the steps carefully - and apply this structure to all of your Ads.
- Make sure NOT TO use UTM parameters in the URL field > https://i.analyzify.app/04uxybjE. The URL field should only include the landing page URL and parameters should be excluded from here. If it's a shopping ad; you don't have to do anything from this screen as the URL will be retrieved from the catalog.
- Scroll down to the "Tracking" section and paste the UTM parameters there > https://i.analyzify.app/NQuY4k6J.
- You can use our recommended format or any other that fits with your needs.
- Please make sure to include this in ALL OF YOUR ADS. The UTM format will dynamically insert the
- Placement (such as Facebook_Desktop_Feed, Instagram_Stories) as a campaign source,
- "Paid" as a medium for Analytics to recognize it as a paid campaign,
- Campaign name for the campaign field,
- Campaign ID for the ID field,
- AD ID for the Term field,
- AdSet Name for the Content field
Contact our support team in case you have any questions!