We have realized most Shopify stores make mistakes on their Facebook Ads UTM parameters. We have prepared a best-practice tutorial and UTM structure.
We have prepared a complete guide on Ideal UTM Setup for Shopify Stores. Click here to view the content on Analyzify Hub.
Alternatively, you can follow this summary guide. Please make sure to follow the steps carefully - and apply this structure to all of your Ads.
- Make sure NOT TO use UTM parameters in the URL field > https://i.analyzify.app/04uxybjE. The URL field should only include the landing page URL and parameters should be excluded from here. If it's a shopping ad; you don't have to do anything from this screen as the URL will be retrieved from the catalog.
- Scroll down to the "Tracking" section and paste the UTM parameters there > https://i.analyzify.app/NQuY4k6J.
- You can use our recommended format or any other that fits with your needs.
- Please make sure to include this in ALL OF YOUR ADS. The UTM format will dynamically insert the
- Placement (such as Facebook_Desktop_Feed, Instagram_Stories) as a campaign source,
- "Paid" as a medium for Analytics to recognize it as a paid campaign,
- Campaign name for the campaign field,
- Campaign ID for the ID field,
- AD ID for the Term field,
- AdSet Name for the Content field
Contact our support team in case you have any questions!